Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wall St Thieves



The Wall St Thieves Interview 7th July
Well we had the lads back in studio today, after their last visit its been mad with the amount of calls from listeners asking "when are they coming back on" to keep everyone happy we got them back into studio again.   The band consist of Eric Doherty on Guitar /Vocals, Che Horgan also Guitar /Vocals, Shane Norberg on Bass/Vocals, Dereck O’Shea on Drums. This week we had the pleasure of just two lads Che and Eric Dereck and Shane were unavailable to come into the studio but it was good to be able to relax and talk with familiar faces. 




I started off asking the lads how things were going for them since we last spoke and they replied that things were going well, they had been gigging around and were coming to Youghal to play for the forthcoming Queen of the Sea Festival. The lads told me how they started out and who the band members were. I asked the lads to describe what they sounded like and I got so many answers I decided to leave it at that and leave the questions for yet another day. 
Because the lads were down half the band I decided to play some tracks from the CD and as always they sound great. With a sound that takes you back in time to the early days of Rock and Roll, Harmonies play an important part of this bands performance and they got that side of things right. With great harmonies and a driving beat to back it up the band have obviously worked hard to get the current sound and style they have and it sounds like a whole new fresh approach to music even though they have incorporated sounds from many of the idols and bands they love to listen to.

We spoke about their last gig in Youghal where I had the pleasure of seeing them play live, I sat back and allowed the sound coming from the stage drift over me and carry me away. the reaction on the night I have to say was amazing with everyone standing after the set to call for an encore from this talanted bunch of lads. During our interview the lads played a song live and to say that this was great is an understatement, I only wish we had the other two lads in studio to give it a full sound but without them it was still good solid, its easy to see that these lads work hard and play a lot together and that they have the basis for their music down pat, with many hours of rehearsal behind them.  A band to look out for, if you see them in your area take my advice go along and have a ball. 


If you want to listen in to the Interview click on the link below


No comments:

Post a Comment